MESQUITE – Spring and fall, change your clock, change your smoke detector battery!
Mesquite CERT, Community Emergency Response Team, is launching a Smoke Detector Battery Change Program. In keeping with CERT’s mission to prepare individuals, neighbors, and the community for disasters, CERT volunteers will help residents, free of charge, to maintain a working smoke detector.
In keeping with CERT mission, two CERT volunteers will schedule with a resident to change the batteries in the smoke detectors. October dates are:
- Monday, Oct. 6, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 18, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Smoke detector battery change highlights:
- Resident must be 18 years of age and have legal access to home
- Resident must be present and sign waiver
- Resident is to provide 9 volt battery
- Smoke detector height cannot exceed 12 feet
- Two CERT volunteers will provide service
- Service is free of charge
To schedule, residents may call Melissa at telephone 702-884-3753 or email [email protected].