WASHINGTON CITY – A vehicle fire on Buena Vista Boulevard Wednesday left the side of a building scorched and parts of an SUV pooled in a melted pile on the ground.
At approximately 2:20 p.m., the Washington City Fire Department was alerted to a fire at the Easy Auto Sales dealership. An SUV parked in front of the dealership’s office had caught fire, Washington City Fire Chief Matt Evans said.
The fire had completely engulfed the engine compartment of the SUV while also scorching the side of the building. Heat from the fire blew out a window in the office and melted siding.
“Fortunately it didn’t extend into the structure at all,” Evans said.
While the damage to the office could’ve been much worse, the SUV was a total loss.
The cause of the fie appeared to be mechanical in nature and possibly connected to the SUV’s battery system, Evans said.
No injuries were reported in connection with the fire.
This report is based on preliminary information provided by law enforcement or other emergency responders and may not contain the full scope of findings.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2016, all rights reserved.