MESQUITE, Nev. – A multitude of events during Mesquite Days this weekend is sure to please everyone; with a BBQ competition, miniature golf tournament, carnival and parade among the many festivities scheduled for Thursday through Sunday.
Smokin’ Hot Mesquite Days will combine the mouth-watering BBQ of the Smokin’ in Mesquite event and the entertainment, excitement and fun of Mesquite Days into one large event.
The first Smokin’ Hot Mesquite Days will feature award-winning BBQ teams from California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas and other states in a championship sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbecue Society.
More than 40 of the biggest names in BBQ will fire up their grills to prepare an irresistible variety of ribs, chicken, pork and beef brisket on Friday and Saturday at the CasaBlanca Resort.
In addition, a carnival, zumba party, parade, pancake breakfast, live music and entertainment will last through the weekend.
Eureka Casino Resort will host a miniature golf tournament Saturday at 4 p.m. The 18-hole tournament is open to the public, with the chance to win cash and prizes. There will be two rounds, with a portion of entry fees for the first round being donated to the players’ chosen alumni association. Golfers can also win prizes for the ugliest pants, craziest socks, most school pride, best dressed and more.
The Grand Marshal of the parade is Dennis Hangey, Mesquite’s Citizen of the Year.
- Carnival – 5-11 pm. at the Oasis Special Events Parking Lot, 897 W. Mesquite Blvd.
- Founders Forum – 6 p.m. at Mesquite City Hall in the City Council chambers. The discussion will be “Back to the Future,” and the event is sponsored by the Virgin Valley Historical Society.
- Cinco de Mayo Zumbathon Dance Party – two hours of zumba fun in the Casa Blanca Showroom, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd. This is a free event and open to the public.
- Carnival – 3 p.m. to midnight at the Oasis Special Events Parking Lot, 897 W. Mesquite Blvd.
- Historical Society Annual Bake-off – 5 p.m. at the City of Mesquite Community/Senior Center, 102 West Old Mill Road. Everyone is invited to bring a strawberry recipe to be judged.
- Smokin’ Hot Mesquite Days BBQ competition – at the Casa Blanca Resort.
- Mayor’s Pancake Breakfast from 7-8:30 a.m. at the Family Heritage Park, 100 N. Arrowhead Lane in Mesquite.
- Parade – 10 a.m. The parade starts at 100 North Arrowhead Lane and proceeds south, then turns east onto Mesquite Boulevard. The parade will then turn north onto North Willow. Traffic will be diverted off of Mesquite Boulevard between Woodbury and Sandhill from 9:45 a.m. until the parade is over.
- Carnival – 10 a.m to midnight at the Oasis Special Events Parking Lot, 897 W. Mesquite Blvd.
- Eureka Miniature Golf Tournament – 4 p.m. at the Eureka Casino Resort. The 18-hole tournament is open to the public, with a chance to win cash and prizes.
- Carnival – 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Oasis Special Events Parking Lot, 897 W. Mesquite Blvd.
A full schedule of events, dates, times and locations can be found here.
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2016, all rights reserved.