ST. GEORGE — Pine View High School students in the Health Occupation Students of America club are hosting a 5K run on Saturday at Panorama Elementary in St. George as part of the “Mr. PVHS” fundraiser for Jaden Gibby, a local 7-year-old boy with Spina Bifida.
The Mr. PVHS fundraiser — now in its sixth year — is a “male beauty pageant” where all of the contestants, their fellow organization members and volunteers hold different events to raise money and awareness for local families with children incurring major medical expenses. Last year, the Mr. PVHS pageant raised $14,000 for their recipient.
As part of Mr. PVHS, each club in the school chooses their own fundraiser. This year, the Health Occupation Students of America club has chosen the 5K and kids’ fun run to benefit Jaden Gibby.
Spina Bifida — literally, “split spine” — is a rare condition that occurs when the baby is in the womb and the spinal column does not close all the way. Every day, approximately eight children are born in the United States with Spina Bifida or a similar birth defect of the spine and brain.
Registration for the Health Occupation Students of America club 5K and fun run has closed online; however, interested participants can still register at Panorama Elementary between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Saturday.
Races will start at 9 a.m. Registration is $20 for the 5K and $15 for the kids’ fun run and includes a T-shirt.
- What: Health Occupation Students of America club 5K and kids’ fun run benefiting Jaden Gibby
- When: Saturday, Feb. 20. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m.; races start at 9 a.m.
- Where: Panorama Elementary, 301 N. 2200 East, St. George
- Cost: $20 for 5K, $15 for kids’ fun run
- For more information, contact Pine View High School HOSA club president, Cierra Costa at 435-623-2648
Email: [email protected]