ST. GEORGE — Dixie State University’s lecture series “Dixie Forum: A Window on the World” will host Cathy Eldridge Feb. 9 as she presents “Innovations in Childbirth at Dixie Regional Medical Center.” The presentation will take place from noon to 12:50 p.m. in the Dunford Auditorium in the Browning Resource Center on campus. Admission is free, and community members are encouraged to attend.
A registered nurse with more than 20 years of experience in labor and delivery, Eldridge is the prenatal education coordinator and care manager for the Simply Birth suites at Dixie Regional Medical Center. She is also a certified childbirth educator and hypnobirthing certified practitioner.
The Simply Birth suites were created to provide a more comfortable child delivery experience. The suites are the best of both home and hospital delivery, as they have a home-like atmosphere and the safety of a hospital staff. All the nurses at the Simply Birth suites are trained in hypnobirthing, a natural delivery procedure in which mothers are put into relaxing hypnosis.
Dixie Forum is a weekly lecture series designed to introduce the St. George community and Dixie State University students, faculty and staff to diverse ideas and personalities in order to widen their worldview.
Dixie Forum will be on recess Feb. 16 but will continue at noon on Feb. 23 in the Dunford Auditorium with a presentation from Don Seegmiller on digital art.
- What: “Innovations in Childbirth at Dixie Regional Medical Center” Dixie Forum
- When: Tuesday, Feb. 9 at noon
- Where: Dunford Auditorium in the Browning Resource Center on the Dixie State University campus, 225 S. University Ave., St George
- Cost: Free, public welcome
- Dixie Forum Resources: Telephone John Burns at 435-879-4712 | Email [email protected] | website | Twitter @dixieforum | Facebook page
Email: [email protected]