ST. GEORGE — The Assistance League of Southern Utah is pleased to announce Cheryl Rogers-Barnett will be the featured guest speaker at the 3rd annual “Tea and Generosity” event Nov. 4, 2:30-4:30 p.m., a fundraiser for Operation School Bell, which provides new school clothes for children from low income backgrounds. Rogers-Barnett will talk on her childhood growing up with celebrity parents.
“Tea and Generosity” will be held at the Bell Tower, 1386 E. 100 South, in St George. Tickets cost $30 per person and include a traditional afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, scones, lemon curd and deserts.
This annual event is a membership drive and fundraiser with the opportunity drawings for fabulous prizes. The funds raised at this event stay in Washington County and will help to fund Operation School Bell. The program provides new school clothes for children for whom new clothes are often not an option.
Many of these children experience the excitement for the first time of being able to shop for their new clothing. Throughout the year the program invites children and their parents or guardians to team up with members to shop at one of three Walmart stores in Washington County.
The Assistance League of Southern Utah also has several other philanthropic programs such as Adopt–A-School which highlights literacy. Also included are the “Dual Immersion Language Program,” “Read Across America/Dr. Seuss,” summer reading and “Make A Difference Day” programs.
Rogers-Barnett, daughter of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, will highlight one of her favorite books she authored, “Cowboy Princess.” The book details her childhood experiences when her father Roy Rogers was king of the cowboys and her mother Dale Evans was the queen of the west. They were the idols of boys and girls everywhere. Rogers-Barnett will share what it was like to live with parents who are actors.
Tickets for the event can be purchased through the Assistance League of Southern Utah website. Contact Donna Schoen at [email protected] or call 435-688-2884 or Martha Heuer at 707-292-9766 for additional information.
- What: “Tea and Generosity”
- When: Nov. 4, 2:30-4:30 p.m.
- Where: The BellTower Courtyard, 1386 E. 100 South in St George.
- Tickets: $30, purchase through the Assistance League of Southern Utah website.
- Contact: Donna Schoen, [email protected], telephone 435-688-2884; or Martha Heuer, telephone 707-292-9766
- St. George Book Festival extols literacy for all ages, week full of events
- Roy Rogers remembered, stories from a rhinestone studded childhood
- Officials trap colony of bats in elementary school ceiling
- New school clothes, big smiles; Assistance League, Wal-Mart help kids – 2014
Email: [email protected]