PHOENIX — The Internal Revenue Service announced that the summer 2015 issue of the Statistics of Income bulletin is available on IRS.gov.
The Statistics of Income division produces this online bulletin quarterly. Articles provide the most recent data available from various tax and information returns filed by U.S. taxpayers. This issue features articles on the following topics:
- High-income tax returns for 2012 | For 2012, there were more than 5 million individual income tax returns with an income of $200,000 or more, accounting for almost 4 percent of all returns for the year, with the total number of returns with incomes of $200,000 or more increased by almost 12 percent compared to the total number of returns at that income level for 2011.
- New approach to SOI migration data | This article discusses improvements to SOI migration data, including the switch from partial to full-year data, improved year-to-year return matching and new tabulations that show migration flows at the state level by size of adjusted gross income and age of the primary taxpayer.
- Foreign-Controlled Domestic Corporations, 2012 | Although foreign-controlled domestic corporations made up just over 1 percent of all corporate federal income tax returns filed for tax year 2012, they accounted for about 16 percent of all corporate receipts, $4.7 trillion, and held more than 14 percent of corporate assets, about $12.3 trillion.
The SOI Bulletin is available for download.
For more information about these data, write the director:
Submitted by the Internal Revenue Service
- High-income tax returns for 2012
- New approach to SOI migration data
- Foreign-Controlled Domestic Corporations, 2012
- Historical tables and appendix
- Tax statistics
- IRS website
- IRS interest rates remain same for 4th quarter
- Provo IRS office assistance temporarily unavailable
- IRS warns taxpayers: New tricks by scam artists; $20 million in losses
Email: [email protected]