IVINS – The indoor Hafen Theatre at Tuacahn Center for the Arts in Ivins will open its doors at noon Saturday for a concert to benefit the Ivins No-Kill Animal Supporters. The fifth annual “Mutts and Music” is a musical cabaret of talent offered by cast members from this year’s Tuacahn shows.
See last year’s show: Tuacahn performers donate time, talents to raise funds for animal shelter
Funds raised by the event will help ensure the proper funding of the various needs of the Ivins Animal Shelter, such as veterinarian care, supplies, training, grooming, maintaining, socializing and much more – all in an effort to find homes for the shelter’s pets through adoption.
The variety show will include performances by actors starring in this year’s hit shows: Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast,” Disney’s “When You Wish” and “Sister Act.” However, instead of singing songs from the shows, these Broadway-caliber actors will break from character and perform songs of their choosing pulled from their extensive repertoires.
“Mutts and Music” promises a fantastic show, filled with talent, live animals and just plain fun for the whole family.
Come out early to shop the Tuacahn Saturday Market, which opens at 9 a.m.
Tuacahn Center for the Arts and INKAS are both nonprofit 501(c)(3) charitable organizations, according to the event’s news release. The suggested donation for entrance to the benefit show is $10 for adults and $5 for children.
- What: Fifth annual “Mutts and Music”
- When: Saturday, Aug. 29 | Noon
- Where: Tuacahn Center for the Arts Hafen Theatre, 1100 Tuacahn Drive, Ivins
- Admission: Suggested donation of $10 for adults, $5 for children
- A gift of service, raising 8 puppies to be service dogs; volunteers needed; STGnews Videocast
- Greyhounds gather, glide into costumes; STGnews Videocast, Photo Gallery
- Animal lovers brave stormy weather to ‘strut their mutts’; STGnews Photo Gallery
- Tuacahn performers donate time, talents to raise funds for animal shelter – 2014
Email: [email protected]