MESQUITE, Nev. — Grab your swimsuits and your BFFs because it’s time to head to the CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Boulevard in Mesquite, Nevada, for Casapoolooza summer concerts by the pool, featuring Lights, a Journey tribute band, and more as they bring you the hottest pool party around.
Located poolside, the free 21-and-over concert is an ideal way to spend the evening, beat the heat and dive into some summer fun. The pool is open so guests can wear their suits and chill in the water while Lights brings to life the iconic tunes of Journey such as “Don’t Stop Believin,'” “Faithfully,” “Separate Ways,” plus many more.
This year marks the 10th anniversary of the tribute band known for their high-energy performances across the country, according to their website.
The band is led by American Idol finalist Rudy Cardenas on vocals.
Additional band members include:
- Al Estrada | Lead guitar
- Victor Bender | Keyboards and rhythm guitar
- Pat Leon | Drums
Lights plays note-for-note renditions of Journey classics, as well as other classic rock tributes.
Lights is no stranger to the CasaBlanca, said Chris Lazzara with Mesquite Gaming. They have played both the showroom and Casapoolooza stages and are a big crowd pleaser.
“The Journey covers are always fun,” Lazzara said. “It is just fun music for the crowd.”
Party it up
Doors open at 7 p.m. PDT, and the party will get started with DJ Johnny Utah. Lights will take the stage at 8 p.m. and play two sets. In between sets, DJ Johnny Utah will keep the energy up and the music blasting.
The energy of the summer concerts has been great, Lazzara said. This has been their best summer ever with fantastic crowds and more and more people taking advantage of the pool.
Saturday’s show will be the second-to-last opportunity to enjoy the CasaBlanca poolside concerts. The final Casapoolooza will take place on Sept. 5 with “Yellow Brick Road.”
• S P O N S O R E D C O N T E N T •
Casapoolooza dates and bands:
- Aug. 1 | Lights Journey Tribute
- Sept. 5 | Yellow Brick Road
- What: Casapoolooza summer concerts by the pool with Journey tribute band Lights
- When: Saturday, Aug. 1 | doors open at 7 p.m. PDT
- Where: Poolside at the CasaBlanca Resort and Casino, 950 W. Mesquite Blvd., Mesquite, Nevada
- Cost: Free
- Additional information: 21-and-over
- En route to Sturgis, custom bikes, celebrity builders rally at CasaBlanca
- 4th of July Casapoolooza party-goers get their nerd on with Spazmatics
- Elvis storms the CasaBlanca stage in Mesquite
- Casapoolooza opens with Jimmy Buffet tribute; parrotheads welcome
- CasaBlanca offers live music, libations, fun at Casapoolooza poolside party
- A-List: Katherine’s Steakhouse
- Mesquite BBQ contest: Smokin’ hot rigs, smokin’ hot ribs
- 2015 Mesquite Off-Road Weekend attracts world class pro riders; STGnews Videocast
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.