ST. GEORGE — To kick off Memorial Day weekend, the Washington County Water Conservancy District and Utah Division of Water Resources will be giving conservation gifts to any military member who comes to the district offices at 533 E. Waterworks Drive in St. George on Friday.
Service members will be asked to show their military ID or proof of service, and to receive a conservation gift.
The first 15 people at the district will receive a water-wise hose nozzle (to water brown spots instead of running the sprinklers) as part of their gift.
Other gift items include soil moisture meters (which will test high levels of moisture with all of the rain Southern Utah has recently experienced), “slow the flow” water bottles and “eight to eight”(nighttime watering only reminder) bags – while supplies last.
Participants are encouraged to allow time to stroll through the newly opened Red Hills Desert Garden and learn how they can also conserve water.
In its press release, the Washington County Conservation District expressed thanks to all military members for their service.
- What: Washington County Water Conservancy District giveaway for military members
- When: Friday, May 22, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Where: 533 E. Waterworks Drive, St. George
- Contact: Karry Rathje 435-668-5622, [email protected]
- Water Conservancy District aims for spring opening of $1M Red Hills Desert Garden
- Water Conservancy District schedules garden workshops for the public
- Washington County Water Conservancy District maintains AA credit rating
Email: [email protected]