ST. GEORGE — The Utah Nonprofits Association will host a workshop Thursday from 8 a.m. to noon at Dixie Applied Technology Silicon Way campus to bring relevant marketing strategies to nonprofits in Southern Utah.
“Our members want to connect quickly and strongly with supporters and partners and to motivate them to take the actions they need (donate, volunteer, etc.), but many are unsure where to start,” Dawn McLain, workshop presenter, said. “At UNA, our mission is to unify, strengthen and elevate nonprofits across the state to help build and promote vibrant communities for everyone. The workshops we provide to our members create success and sustainability for the long term. Nonprofit marketing is key in terms of successful fundraising. The best way to achieve this is to apply proven strategies and tactics as part of a comprehensive and cohesive marketing plan.”
This workshop, which UNA partnered with American Express to provide, will walk organizations through how to prepare and create a plan that shapes their message to donors in order to motivate them to donate and volunteer. Upon completing the class, participants will leave with a marketing plan outline tailored to each organization’s specific needs.
All Southern Utah UNA events include time for a relevant discussion, hands-on activities, networking and sharing experiences with nonprofit peers. Workshop and networking events focus on nonprofit organizations but are open to all community members and beneficial not only to the organization’s executive management, but also board members, committee chairs, members and volunteers.
About Utah Nonprofits Association
The Utah Nonprofits Association is the umbrella membership association of nonprofit organizations in Utah. Incorporated in 1990, UNA was created by, and for, people who strive for a stronger, more professional nonprofit community in Utah. The current membership of UNA (statewide) includes over 650 nonprofit organizations and individual members.
- What: Marketing workshop for nonprofits
- When: Thursday, May 14, 8 a.m.–noon
- Location: Dixie Applied Technology College, 1506 S. Silicon Way, Building C-2, St. George
- Cost: Free to UNA Members; Free to American Express Grantees; Free to Utah Arts & Museums Members; $50 for organizations/individuals not associated with these organizations.
- Register online or visit the Utah Nonprofit Association website
- Contact: Brooke Dimond, [email protected] or 801-596-1800
- Workshop aims to elevate nonprofits in national conversation
- Nonprofits Association, League of Cities host Town Hall Social; federal engagement workshop
- Artisans gather for soup, soul and nonprofit
Email: [email protected]