ST. GEORGE – The Washington County Drug Task Force arrested a 33-year-old woman for drug distribution Friday as they continue the fight to suppress drug-related crimes in Washington County.
The task force conducted a narcotics distribution investigation into Season Lee Ence, of St. George, according to a probable cause statement written by task force Detective Matt Schuman in support of the arrest.
During the course of the investigation over the last several months, the task force conducted a controlled buy of methamphetamine in St. George through the use of a confidential informant who purchased meth from Ence, the statement said.
“(Ence) confirmed the price and location where the transaction would take place,” Schuman wrote in the statement.
Ence was arrested and booked into the Washington County Purgatory Correctional Facility.
She was charged with a second-degree felony for drug distribution.
Fifth District Judge Michael Westfall ordered Ence’s bail amount set at $10,000 during her initial court appearance Monday. Ence was found indigent by the court and will be represented by court-appointed attorney Michael Lastowski. Her next court appearance is scheduled for May 4.
Persons arrested or charged are presumed innocent until found guilty in a court of law or as otherwise decided by a trier-of-fact.
- Man busted for possessing 2 lbs of marijuana, over 2 lbs of marijuana seeds
- Drug-free zones: What, where are they? What is their purpose? STGnews Videocast
- Utah considers major criminal justice reform, reduced drug offense charges
- St. George sisters arrested for meth distribution, possession
- Task force nabs alleged heroin dealer
- Task force nabs man in possession of distributable amount of meth
- 2nd drug distribution arrest in a month for would-be shoplifter
- Arrest made in 6 alleged drug overdoses at DSU off-campus complex
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.