ST. GEORGE — Collect your lunch money, buy some stretchy pants and head over to the Southern Utah Culinary Festival Friday and Saturday, and get ready to please your palate with the best food in Southern Utah.
The event will be held at Vernon Worthen Park, at 300 S. and 300 E., from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Aimed at showcasing locally owned and operated restaurants, the third annual festival is a culinary treat to visitors who will be able to sample a variety of foods from their favorite restaurants, and even discover some new favorites in the process.
Some of the participating vendors include:
- Xetava Gardens Cafe
- Twisted Noodle
- Perks! Espresso and Smoothies
- Rigatti’s Wood Fired Pizza
- Benja Thai
- Twentyfive Main Cafe and Cake
“It’s not like a fair or a food court,” festival founder Adam Stuart said. “You get to eat at as many places as you can and for a good price. It’s a discovery museum of food.”
Stuart said the event is cause-driven for him, adding that supporting restauranteurs in their endeavors is really what keeps the festival going.
“It takes a ton of courage and fortitude to be a small restaurant owner,” Stuart said. “Their praises often go unsung and their potential unrealized.”
The Southern Utah Culinary Festival is free to attend and many of the activities, such as the kids zone and the live entertainment, are free. There will also be retail shopping vendors to browse while at the event.
Food vendor prices will vary between $1 and $2 Stuart Said.
For more information about the Southern Utah Culinary Festival including an entertainment schedule visit their website.
- What: Third Annual Southern Utah Culinary Festival
- When: Friday-Saturday, April 24-25, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Where: Vernon Worthen Park, corner of 300 S. and 300 E., St. George
- Cost: Free to enter, food vendors vary, $1-$2
- Resources: Website | Facebook
- Southern Utah Culinary Festival seeks volunteers
- A-List: Twisted Noodle Cafe
- 7th annual ‘Smokin’ in Mesquite BBQ’ tempts taste buds, delights enthusiasts
- Southern Utah Culinary Festival opens mouths, fills tummies — 2014
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.