SANTA CLARA – Dianne Browning, a member of Sen. Orrin Hatch’s staff, will give a workshop Thursday titled “Federal Partnership: Elevating the Local Voice in the National Conversation,” at the Santa Clara City offices.
If you have ever said, “D.C. doesn’t care what happens in my town,” “My member of Congress doesn’t vote the way I want him/her to,” or “I’m just a small nonprofit, I can’t change the way Washington works,” then this workshop is for you.
- Learn the best ways to get your federal delegation’s attention and influence action
- Become familiar with federal law making and the federal budget process
- Develop skills for participation in public policy making
- Position Utahns to receive federal sources by understanding how individuals can influence the federal appropriations process and federal agency rule making
As nonprofits deliver much of the hospital care, higher education, social services, cultural entertainment, employment and training, low-income housing, community development, social welfare and emergency aid services available in our country, your federal delegation recognizes nonprofits and community organizations are crucial partners in the success of our nation.
Doors open at 7:45 a.m., registration and networking at 8 a.m. Browning will host an open question and answer session from 11 a.m.-noon.
Come explore how to make your local voice register in the national landscape.
- What: Federal Partnership: Elevating the local voice in the national conversation workshop
- When: April 9, 8 a.m. to noon
- Where: Santa Clara City offices, 2603 Santa Clara Drive, Santa Clara
- Tickets: Free
- Registration requiered: RSVP online, to Brooke Dimond by email; or to Dawn McLain by email or by phone at 702-860-2341
- Nonprofits Association, League of Cities host Town Hall Social; federal engagement workshop
- Local nonprofit teams up with Patagonia to host Water Workshop
- Free training for nonprofits: ‘Strategic Planning with Budgeting Kicker’
- Nonprofit’s sneak peek of workshop: Our water, our future
Email: [email protected]