ST. GEORGE – This Easter season, Life Concerts brings two Christian shows to Southern Utah, beginning with Big Daddy Weave on April 21 and The Collingsworth Family on April 30. Both concerts will take place at venues in St. George, with proceeds from both shows benefiting the D.O.V.E. Center.
“We love the fact that we get to encourage people,” Big Daddy Weave frontman and band namesake Mike Weaver said.
Weaver, who was raised in the South, said when you’re a large man in that part of the country, you’re automatically dubbed “big daddy” by people who know you. “Big Daddy Weave” was one of Weaver’s nicknames, and it became the band’s name when he and the other members got together around 2001.
Currently in the midst of a coast-to-coast tour, the members of Big Daddy Weave are focused on bringing a Christian message to their listeners and inspiring others through their music.
“We feel like the Lord is sending us to small-town America,” Weaver said. “… That’s who we are and who we want to share with.”
The Big Daddy Weave concert, with special guests Jason Gray, Citizen Way, and Lauren Daigle, will take place April 21 at 6:30 p.m. in the Dixie State University Cox Auditorium, 225 S. 700 East in St. George. Tickets are $18 for general admission and $22 for gold admission. A $10 add-on VIP option is also available.
Family Christian musical group The Collingsworth Family will appear in concert Thursday, April 30, at Calvary Chapel, 3922 S. Pioneer Road in St. George.
Phil and Kim Collingsworth, head of the family group, are professional recording artists and concert ministers, according to information from Life Concerts. Phil Collingsworth is a graduate of God’s Bible School & College in Cincinnati, Ohio. Kim Collingsworth attended Union Bible College in Westfield, Indiana, where she was instrumental in arranging most of the music performed by the school’s traveling music groups.
Phil and Kim Collingsworth’s four children are actively involved in their ministry. Their two oldest daughters are proficient violinists, and the entire family sings together in an ensemble. Kim Collingsworth is an accomplished pianist, and Phil Collingsworth plays the trumpet.
General admission tickets to see The Collingsworth Family in concert are $18 and can be purchased at participating local churches. A list of ticket sales locations can be found on the Life Concerts website.
- Big Daddy Weave concert
- When: Tuesday, April 21 | 6:30 p.m.
- Where: Dixie State University Cox Auditorium | 225 S. 700 East in St. George
- Tickets: $18 general admission | $22 gold admission | $10 add-on for VIP experience
- Information: Purchase tickets at DSU Box Office, (435) 652-7800, or online | Details about the concert can be found on the Life Concerts website
- The Collingsworth Family in concert
- Coming soon to the Dixie Sunbowl: Plain White T’s in concert
- Easter services at Tuacahn: ‘He is the God of the living’
- Heritage Choir performs Easter Concert
- Large apartment complex, other development projects advance; concert approved for Sunbowl
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.