ST. GEORGE — St. George Fire Department responded to a fire within an apartment at 3155 S. Hidden Valley Drive Saturday night after cooking oil in a pan on the stove ignited.
At approximately 6 p.m., three firetrucks arrived at the apartment where a fire had started in the pan of cooking oil on the stovetop, St. George Fire Capt. Dan Cazier said. The fire was out with smoke still billowing out of the home by the time the Fire Department arrived, he said. The three residents had evacuated.
Firefighters extinguished the yet smoldering areas.
The fire caused minor damage to the microwave above the stove and the top surface area, Cazier said.
No injuries were reported and Gold Cross Ambulance’s response was precautionary.
This report is based on preliminary information provided by emergency responders and may not contain the full scope of findings.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- Fire erupts at St. George Port of Entry building
- Home fire in The Palisades in Ivins
- Melting ashtray causes fire in Ivins
- Super Bowl interrupted by structure fire in Santa Clara home; STGnews Videocast
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.