SPRINGDALE — Commuters can expect traffic delays Saturday from 7:30-11:30 a.m. as 2,400 runners will be racing down the east side of the road from Camino Del Rio in Virgin to the Giant Screen Theater in Springdale on the east side of Highway 9 during the Zion Half Marathon.
“We are extremely sorry for any inconvenience this event might cause,” the City of Springdale said in a news release. “Thank you for allowing us to run in your town.”
Traffic will continue to flow in both directions, but drivers should expect 30 minute delays. The city is advising drivers to stay off the roads between these hours if possible.
Parking will not be allowed on the east side of the road the night of March 13 and the morning of March 14 in Springdale or Rockville.
Event details and contact information:
- Zion Half Marathon
- When: Saturday, March 14, 7:30-11:30 a.m.
- Where: Camino Del Rio in Virgin to the Giant Screen Theater in Springdale
- Contact: Vacation Races | Telephone: 619-567-9191 | Email: [email protected]
- Heavy traffic on I-15 through Virgin River Gorge; Las Vegas NASCAR weekend
- Traffic advisory: Heavy traffic through Virgin River Gorge, allow extra travel time
- Traffic advisory: Allow extra travel time through Virgin River Gorge
- ADOT continues I-15 traffic breaks in Virgin River Gorge; allow extra travel time
Email: [email protected]