ST. GEORGE – Winger’s Roadhouse Grill of St. George is hosting a two-day fundraising and awareness event to help raise money for Kycie Terry and her family as well as for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
The fundraiser will take place Tuesday and Wednesday from 4-10 p.m. at the St. George Winger’s, 188 S. River Road. A portion of the restaurant’s proceeds will be donated to the Terry family and donations will be collected for the research foundation.
According to a press release statement from St. George Winger’s general manager, Rhett Gillins, the Winger’s corporation held a similar benefit last year and raised over $10,000.
In addition to raising funds, the event will also serve to raise awareness of Type 1 diabetes by collecting stories from the public on how Type 1 diabetes has affected their lives and the lives of those they care about.
Gillins has been personally impacted by Type 1 diabetes, he said, because his of his wife who was diagnosed at the age of 13 and who continues to battle diabetes today.
“This story of the Terry family could easily be about my wife and her family,” Gillins said in the statement. “She was misdiagnosed as well and felt sick for several days before they realized she had Type 1 diabetes.”
Collected stories will be featured at the St. George Winger’s location and on their Facebook page during the event to help raise awareness for Type 1 and for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.
- What: Fundraiser and awareness event for Kycie Terry and the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- When: Tuesday-Wednesday, March 3-4, 4-10 p.m.
- Where: Winger’s Roadhouse Grill, 188 S. River Road, St. George
- Additional information: Share your diabetes story by email or on Winger’s Facebook
- Hundreds turn out for ‘Cuts for Kycie;’ juvenile diabetes awareness; STGnews Videocast
- No Filter: 5-year-old Kycie captures hearts of community; fundraiser planned
- Neighbors rally for young girl unexpectedly hospitalized; ‘Kisses for Kycie’
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.