ST GEORGE — Join the Dixie Garden Club for their monthly meeting on Wednesday at 1 p.m. as they discuss all things roses. Learn what types to buy, proper planting, pruning, fertilizing, soil recommendations, mulching and other care techniques with Andy, a master gardener from Star Nursery.
The meeting will be held at Green Valley Resort, 1871 West Canyon View Drive (off Dixie Drive) in St. George. Participants can meet at the white Mission Building (take the second entrance) for a walking tour of the resort’s extensive rose gardens. Handouts will also be provided.
Light refreshments will follow after the short business meeting. The program is free and open to all.
“Cherish the past, cultivate the future,” is the theme for the 2014-15 season of the Dixie Garden Club. Meetings are held on the third Wednesday of each month from September through June.
The Dixie Garden Club was established over 20 years ago with the purpose of assisting and cooperating with city and county sponsored beautification projects, to invite speakers on horticulture related topics, to share knowledge and exchange seeds and plantings with other members and to encourage water conservation.
Event details and resources
- What: Dixie Garden Club meeting on roses
- When: Wednesday at 1 p.m.
- Where: Green Valley Resort, 1871 West Canyon View Drive, St. George
- Tickets: Free
- Dixie Garden Club scholarship website
- Contact: Rhonda Bowcut 435-674-2293, email or Marcia Burchstead 435-275-7818, email
- Cut the turf: Find an alternative to your lawn with ground cover
- Add sparkle to your holiday decor
- Growing and grooming ornamental grasses; Dixie Garden Club
Email: [email protected]