ST. GEORGE – California-based See’s Candies has issued a nationwide recall of certain chocolate products that contain tree nuts, but are not labeled appropriately.
People who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to tree nuts such as almonds, walnuts, pecans and coconut run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume these products.
See’s is recalling all 8 ounce Classic Red Hearts with Assorted Chocolates with the bar code 737666091201 and a stamped date of “L.A.N. 048/15” because they contain undeclared tree nuts.
The chocolates were distributed nationwide through See’s Candies retail stores and by mail order, including internet, phone and catalog sales. No illnesses have been reported to date.
Consumers who have purchased these products and are sensitive to tree nuts are urged to return the chocolates to the place of purchase for a full refund or exchange.
- Product name: See’s Candies 8 ounce Classic Red Hearts with Assorted Chocolates, “8 oz Red Heart”
- Date of affected product: L.A.N. 048/15
- UPC bar code of affected product: 737666091201
- Company contact: 1-800-789-7337 | Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., PDT
- USU extension program teaches healthy cooking on a budget; free class
- IRS Free File helps Utah taxpayers with new health care law
- State of the State: Herbert advocates Healthy Utah plan, education funding
- Company recalls various baby wipes, bacterial contamination
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.