ST. GEORGE — The 2015 Dixie Regional Transportation Expo is the place for all who drive, walk, bike or use public transportation in Washington County to become better informed on current and future transportation projects and have a voice in regional transportation planning.
This year’s Expo will be held Feb. 10 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. in the Dixie Center Ballroom at the Dixie Center St. George, 1835 S. Convention Center Drive, in St. George. The event is free and all are welcome.
Representatives from surrounding cities, the county and Utah Department of Transportation will be available to explain transportation projects and studies and take comments on projects, including:
- Bluff Street/Red Hills Parkway
- Sunset/Bluff Interchange
- Bluff Street/St. George Boulevard improvements
- Interstate 15 widening and Mall Drive underpass
- Southern Parkway
- Old state Route 91 improvements
- State Route 9 Arch Bridge in LaVerkin
- Interstate 15 Interchange at milepost 11
- Washington Fields Road widening
- River Road/Fort Pierce Bridge widening
- St. George parks and trails
- SunTran Bus System
The public will be invited to comment on the Regional 2015-2040 Transportation Long-Range Plan, Ivins City Transportation Master Plan, and the future of transit in the area.
The Southern Utah Bike Alliance has put together a display of bicycles, from the $200 bike to the $10,000 bike, to illustrate the range of cycling opportunities in Washington County.
In addition, golfing, hiking and biking clinics will be presented at the following times:
- 11 a.m. | Improve Your Golf Swing | Jason Davis, of Southgate Golf Course, will give tips to improve your golf swing. A putting carpet will be available, and participants can win free golf passes and cart rentals.
- 1 p.m. | Hiking Southern Utah | Bo Beck, from The Desert Rat, will show slides of hiking trails, common and uncommon, and present hiking equipment available.
- 3 p.m. | We Bike Southern Utah | Cycling Safety and Finding Epic Trails and Bike Routes | Kai Reed, of the Southern Utah Bike Alliance will talk about the alliance’s mission to assist Southern Utah communities in achieving Road Respect Community Designation and how this will positively impact transportation. Participants can enter to win a $100 gift certificate.
Event details and resources
- What: 2015 Dixie Regional Transportation Expo
- When: Feb. 10, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Where: Dixie Center Ballroom of the Dixie Center St. George, 1835 S. Convention Center Drive, St. George
- Tickets: Free
- To develop, or not to develop? Washington Fields residents sound off at open house
- St. George Active Transportation Committee holds first meeting, discusses need for bike racks
- Civic leaders support campaign for additional transportation funding
- Campaign launches to address local, state transportation needs; public welcome
Email: [email protected]