COLORADO CITY, Arizona – Fire units from Colorado City, Arizona, and Hildale responded to a house fire on Central Street in Colorado City Saturday afternoon.
The fire was your “typical grease-on-stove fire,” Colorado City-Hildale Fire Chief Kevin Barlow said.
The homeowner was able to put out most of the fire with an extinguisher by the time the fire crews arrived, Barlow said. The firefighters proceeded to finish off the fire and clear the home of extensive smoke created by the fire.
There was significant smoke damage as a result of the fire, Barlow said. Damage from the actual flames was limited to the stovetop and some cabinets above it.
No one was injured in connection with the fire.
This report is based on preliminary information provided by law enforcement or other emergency responders and may not contain the full scope of findings.
- Late-night fire destroys Ivins home
- Hildale fire leaves family homeless
- UVU fire, rescue academy brings winter fire school to Washington County
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2015, all rights reserved.