ST. GEORGE – The Utah State University Washington County Extension Office is offering two workshops geared toward strengthening families and marriages. The Buoyant Families conference is set for Friday and Saturday; and Marriage Survival courses will be held Feb. 2, 9, and 23.
Bouyant Families Conference
The Buoyant Families Conference at the Hilton Gardens in St. George will feature guest speakers and workshops focused on strengthening families.
Tim and Penelope Eicher, marriage educators and founders of the Heartwalk Foundation, will be speaking Friday at 7 p.m.
Saturday, Southern Utah University educator Sage Platt will speak at 9 a.m. about how to raise resilient children.
Workshop topics on Saturday include suicide prevention, building strong relationships, aging with grace, family nutrition, youth activities and more. Lunch will be provided.
Marriage Survival Courses
The Extension Office is offering free enrichment workshops to help support marriage survival Feb. 2, 9 and 23. The classes will be held at 475 S. Donlee Drive in St. George on Feb. 2, 9 and 23. Free dinner and child care are included in the course.
The schedule for the workshops is as follows:
- Feb. 2 Money Survival for Couples | Carolyn Washburn,
- Feb. 9 Great Relationships | Ben Ashcroft,
- Feb. 16 Holiday | No Class,
- Feb. 23 Strong Relationships | Kelly Vincent.
The enrichment courses are hosted by the Utah State University Washington County Extension Office, and are offered to residents of Washington County, Utah.
Buoyant Families Conference details
- What: Buoyant Families Conference
- When: Jan. 30, 7 p.m., Jan. 31, 4. p.m.
- Where: Hilton Garden Inn, 1731 South Convention Center Drive, St. George, UT 84790
- Tickets: $30 per couple, $20 per individual, online registration available.
- For more information on the conference contact Carolyn Washburn by telephone at 435-634-2692 or by email.
- Washington County Food $ense Facebook
Marriage Survival details
- What: Surviving Families enrichment course
- When: Feb. 2, 9 and 23, 7 p.m.
- Where: Old Airport Hill at 475 South Donlee Drive, on Feb. 2, 9 and 23.
- Tickets: Free, childcare and dinner provided
- Marriage Survival Facebook
- Relationship Connection: How can I get my husband’s ex-wife to stop bringing up their marriage?
- Complete wellness; ditch the doughnuts, save the marriage
- Community celebrates marriage equality at Vernon Worthen Park
- Relationship Connection: Have I been blind to the true nature of my marriage?
Email: [email protected]