Lucille Mills Harris, age 82, passed away peacefully after a courageous battle with cancer on Wednesday, January 21, 2015. She was born November 9, 1932, in Pleasant Grove, Utah, to Joseph Soren Mills and Jennett Bullock Mills. She married Paul Harris on August 1, 1955, in the Logan, Utah LDS temple.
Lucille was raised in Pleasant Grove, Utah. She graduated from Pleasant Grove High School and worked at the family drug store until she met and married her sweetheart, Paul Harris. After they were married, they moved to Cottonwood Heights, Utah, where they raised their four children.
She worked for the Jordan School District as a secretary for many years. She served in many church callings including: Primary President, in the Young Women’s Organization and Relief Society. Lucille was an avid BYU fan and spent many years travelling as a member of the Cougar Club. She enjoyed playing golf, watching football, playing card games with family and friends, and reading.
She is survived by her loving husband Paul, in St. George, Utah; Maleta (Mark) Sweedler, Dallas, Texas; Alan (Brandy) Harris, Sandy, Utah; Cheryl (Scott) Brandt, St. George, Utah; Son-in-law, Steve Thibodeaux; her 13 grandchildren, and 14 great grandchildren. She is preceded in death by daughter Annette Harris Thibodeaux and was the last surviving member of her generation.
- Funeral services will be held Saturday, Jan. 24, at 2 p.m., at Spilsbury Mortuary, 110 South Bluff Street, St. George, Utah.
- A visitation will be held Saturday, from 12:30-1:30 p.m. prior to the services at the Spilsbury Mortuary.
- A second service will be held Monday, Jan. 26 at noon at the Olpin Mortuary, 494 South 300 East, Pleasant Grove, Utah.
- A visitation will be held Monday, from 10:30-11:30 a.m. prior to services at Olpin Mortuary.
- Interment will take place in the Pleasant Grove cemetery.
Arrangements have been made under the direction of Spilsbury Mortuary, 435-673-2454. Friends and family are invited to sign Lucille’s guestbook at the Spilsbury Mortuary website.