ST. GEORGE — Dixie State University’s Dental Hygiene Program will host a special evening dental sealant community service event on Jan. 22 from 5-8 p.m. at the Dr. Mervyn and Sue Cox Dental Hygiene Clinic, 1st floor of the DSU Russell C. Taylor Health Science Center on the Dixie Regional Medical Center’s River Road campus, 1526 East Medical Center Drive.
The event provides free sealant to Washington County youths, up to age 18, who have permanent teeth.
Sealants are a protective coating which prevent permanent teeth from developing cavities.
This is the first time the event will be held during evening hours, as program administrators wanted to accommodate families who could not make it earlier in the day.
- What: Dental sealant community service event
- When: Thursday, Jan. 22, from 5-8 p.m.
- Where: Dr. Mervyn and Sue Cox Dental Hygiene Clinic, DSU Russell C. Taylor Health Science Center, DRMC River Road campus, 1526 East Medical Center Drive, St. George
- Contact: Sandy Wilson by telephone 435-879-4902.
- DSU’s Dental Hygiene website
- University’s dental hygiene program offers free ‘Sealant Saturday’ for children
- Commission seeks input for DSU accreditation, dental hygiene program
- DSU’s Dental Hygiene Outreach Program conducting special oral health clinic
Email: [email protected]