ST. GEORGE — Want to eliminate that costly and time-consuming lawn? Learn about a wide variety of alternatives to turf grass at a workshop at Tonaquint Nature Center Saturday at 10 a.m.
Candace Schaible, the Horticulture and Water-Wise Landscape Educator for the Iron County office of the Utah State University Extension, will lead a workshop about the different types of ground cover that are available and grow well in the Southern Utah area.
At the free workshop, Schaible will discuss which types of ground cover work well in our climate; which ones need full sun, partial shade or light shade; and which do well with heavy, moderate or light traffic. Schaible will also discuss design, site preparation, planting and maintenance of ground cover plantings.
- What: Workshop by Candace Schaible
- When: Saturday, Jan. 10 at 10 a.m.
- Where: Tonaquint Nature Center, Tonaquint Park, 1851 S. Dixie Drive, St. George.
- For more information, call the Tonaquint Nature Center 435-673-3617.
- Plant Lady teaches free workshop: Designing a bulb garden
- Bulbs by Design workshop with the Plant Lady
- Winterizing your lawn now will pay off next year
Email: [email protected]