ST. GEORGE — A workshop on how assaults on girls and women are planned, progress and, most importantly, can be prevented will be conducted during the luncheon of the St. George Branch of the American Association of University Women, or AAUW, Jan. 5, at 11 a.m. at the Courtyard by Marriott, 185 S. 1470 E. in St. George.
Tim Eicher, recently retired Dixie State University professor of family and consumer sciences will lead the workshop. The presentation is the result of Tim Eicher’s distinguished teaching career in the fields of education, early childhood intervention, family studies and relations. He plans to continue developing the workshop and offer it on a regular basis to other community groups.
Tim Eicher and his wife of 38 years, Penelope Eicher, have lived in Dammeron Valley since 1980. Tim actively supports the Heart Walk Foundation which Penelope Eicher founded, a nonprofit corporation with a mission to work with indigenous peoples primarily in Peru’s Andes Mountains.
The membership meeting and luncheon is open to the public. Seating is $16 and reservations are needed by Dec. 30. Reservations can be made online.
The American Association of University Women is the nation’s leading voice promoting equity and education for women and girls, according to its press release. Since its inception in 1881, AAUW members have researched and taken positions on the fundamental issues of the day: educational, social, economic and political. The AAUW St. George Utah Branch is an extension of the National AAUW. Founded in 1981 their mission is to help advance equity for women and girls in Utah through advocacy and education.
Event details and resources
- What: AAUW St. George Branch Meeting
- When: Monday, Jan. 5 at 11 a.m.
- Where: Courtyard by Marriott, 185 South 1470 East, St. George, Utah
- Admission: Reservation required online, $16
- Republican women present $15K check to DSU, seek to continue veterans scholarship
- Letter to the Editor: Women’s issues? Not
- Women, families gather, run for breastfeeding support group
- Heart Walk Foundation returns to Peru; growing sustainability
Email: [email protected]