ST. GEORGE — Holiday choral concerts are coming soon to the Dixie State University Eccles Concert Hall stage, with the Men’s and Women’s Choruses performing Thursday, followed by the Concert and Chamber Singers on Friday.
Roger H. Hale, who will be conducting on both nights, said that during the Thursday concert there will be a surprise number taken from a popular children’s movie, arranged by choir member Jacob Pohlsander.
“It will be really fun for kids and families,” Hale said. “Friday’s concert will feature traditional Christmas music and will include a processional from the choir as they travel up and down the aisles. For the first time they will be incorporating electronics and a new element of computer music tied in with the concert that will be very fun to watch.”
Both concerts will start at 7:30 p.m. on their respective dates and will last approximately 75 minutes. Thursday’s concert will be conducted by Rachel Cox and Hale, while Friday’s concert will be conducted by Hale. Tickets cost $5 for the public, and $1 for DSU students, faculty and staff.
“We would love to see more people come and enjoy the concerts,” Hale said.
- What: DSU Men’s, Women’s, Chamber and Concert choruses
- When: Men’s and Women’s Chorus, Dec. 11, 7:30 p.m. | Chamber and Concert chorus, Dec. 12, 7:30 p.m.
- Where: Eccles Concert Hall, Dixie State University, 225 South 700 East, St. George
- Tickets: $5 per person, $1 for DSU students
- DSU Ticket Office: website | Telephone: 435-652-7800
- University’s percussion, jazz ensembles offer December concerts
- Republican women present $15K check to DSU, seek to continue veterans scholarship
- Williams: We want this to be a university town; Dixie State inauguration ceremony