ST. GEORGE — Concluding Dixie State University’s “Dixie Forum: A Window on the World” series for the Fall 2014 semester, Lin Alder will present on energy efficiency Tuesday in the Dunford Auditorium of the Browning Resource Center on the DSU campus, 225 S. 700 E. in St. George. Admission is free, and all are invited.
Having worked in the water/energy efficiency and renewable energy industries since 1995, Alder currently connects facility owners and operators in the Intermountain West with effective energy efficiency and facility optimization solutions. He helps clients implement effective energy reduction strategies.
About Dixie Forums
Dixie Forum is designed to introduce the St. George community and DSU students, faculty and staff to diverse ideas and personalities while widening their worldviews via a 50-minute presentation. Dixie State students can earn one college credit by signing up for HUM 1000, attending lectures regularly, carefully considering the ideas expressed and writing about the presentations.
Event details and resources
- What: “Dixie Forum: A Window on the World”
- When: Tuesday, Dec. 9, at noon
- Where: Dunford Auditorium of the Browning Resource Center, Dixie State University campus, 225 S. 700 E., St. George
- Contact: DSU Forum coordinator John Burns at 435-879-4712 or [email protected]
- Dixie forum website
- Solar energy’s refreshing alternative in sunny Southern Utah
- Trial concludes in case against use of Green River water for nuclear power plant
- City Council approves land sales; future library site, power substation in Little Valley
- New EPA regulations could increase power rates for St. George residents
- Utah universities awarded $1 million for nuclear energy education and innovation
- Interagency workgroup seeks public input in Energy Corridor Review
- Email: [email protected]