ST. GEORGE — A man was transported to Dixie Regional Medical Center in St. George with leg injuries after he ran a red light on his motorcycle was hit in a collision at the intersection of Mall Drive and Red Cliffs Drive Friday afternoon.
At 4:03 p.m., emergency responders were dispatched to the accident where a pickup truck had been traveling westbound on Red Cliffs Drive and attempted a left turn southbound onto Mall Drive, St. George Police Sgt. Rich Triplett said. The truck was in the middle of the intersection when the light turned red so it continued to turn and hit the motorcycle that proceeded through the intersection heading eastbound on Red Cliffs Drive.
The back tire of the motorcycle was struck, Triplett said. Gold Cross Ambulance transported the motorcycle rider, an adult man, to Dixie Regional Medical Center for leg injuries.
“He may have broken some limbs, but his injuries were not visible,” Triplett said.
Triplett was unable to confirm if the motorcycle rider was wearing a helmet at the time. Damage to the truck was little to none while the motorcycle sustained severe damages and was towed from the scene, he said.
The motorcycle rider was cited for a red light violation, Triplett said.
St. George Police Department, St. George Fire Department, and Gold Cross Ambulance responded to the accident scene.
This report is based on preliminary information provided by law enforcement or other emergency responders and may not contain the full scope of findings.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- News short: Motorcycle, Acura collide on Bluff Street
- UPDATE: Woman involved in motorcycle accident died from injuries
- Motorcycle, car collide in turn-only center lane
- Driver makes left-hand turn in front of oncoming motorcycle, River Road
- Woman thrown from motorcycle, transported to hospital
- UHP releases name of man killed in motorcycle-falling tree incident
- News short: 76-year-old man taken to hospital after motorcycle brakes fail
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.