ST. GEORGE – Dixie State University’s dental hygiene program will hold a special “Sealant Saturday” community service event Saturday from 9 a.m.-noon, at the Dr. Mervyn and Sue Cox Dental Hygiene Clinic. The clinic is on the first floor of the DSU Russell C. Taylor Health Science Center, located on the Dixie Regional Medical Center’s River Road campus at 1526 East Medical Center Drive.
The event is geared toward providing free sealants to Washington County children up to age 18 with permanent teeth. Sealants are a protective coating which prevent permanent teeth from developing cavities.
Event details and resources
- What: Sealant Saturday
- When: Nov. 8 from 9 a.m.-noon
- Where: Dr. Mervyn and Sue Cox Dental Hygiene clinic, DSU Russell C. Taylor Health Science Center, 1526 East Medical Center Drive, St. George
- For more information on the event, please contact DSU Assistant Professor Sandy Wilson at 435-879-4902.
- DSU’s Dental Hygiene program website
- Commission seeks input for DSU accreditation, dental hygiene program
- DSU’s Dental Hygiene Outreach Program conducting special oral health clinic
- Back-to-school basics, not just books; vision, dental health tips
Email: [email protected]