ST. GEORGE – The clouds may have been threatening to rain Saturday morning, but that didn’t dampen the mood at the Snow Canyon Half Marathon, 5K, and Tuff Kids Races. Spirits were as high as the winds as half-marathon runners followed the 13.1 mile course that goes through Snow Canyon State Park and ends at Snow Canyon High School in St. George.
The half marathon was named one of the top in the nation by Runner’s World Magazine in 2014 and attracts runners from all over the country to run the mostly downhill, scenic course that winds through the park.
Around 2,000 runners showed up for the race.
Report continues below
Videocast by Leanna Bergeron, St. George News
Half Marathon Top Female Finishers
1. Jennifer Hughes – 1:17:50
2. Jessica Brazzeal – 1:22:25
3. Sharla Manuele – 1:22:55
Half Marathon Top Male Finishers
1. Matt Poulsen – 1:12:31
2. Walter Brown – 1:13:53
3. Thatcher Allred – 1:14:41
5K Top Female Finishers
1. Sarah Skeem – 18:45.5
2. Halsey Curry – 20:08.7
3. Erin Boyer – 21:13.4
5k Top Male Finishers
1. Golden Harper – 17:17.1
2. Layron Sonerholm – 18:52.5
3. Oakley Jackson – 18:58.8
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- All race results can be found here.
- Southern Utah biking, cycling events
- Snow Canyon Half Marathon continues to grow in popularity; STGnews Videocast and Photo Gallery – 2013
Email: [email protected]