State agency seeks representative for OHV advisory council

SALT LAKE CITY—Utah State Parks is currently seeking an at-large representative to serve on the Off-Highway Vehicle Advisory Council. Applications will be accepted through Nov. 14.

Individuals are appointed to the Off-Highway Vehicle, also known as OHV, Advisory Council for a period of four years and must be familiar with OHV laws, rules and programs. Their input is sought for matters that concern the general OHV community.

“The OHV Advisory Council represents various OHV interests in the state,” Off-Highway Vehicle Program Manager Chris Haller said. “The council gives suggestions and recommendations on state OHV issues, policies, laws and rules to the Division’s OHV Program staff and the Board of Utah State Parks and Recreation.”

The 12-member council is appointed by the Board of Parks and Recreation. Each member represents a specific user group including snowmobiles, four-wheel drive, motorcycle and all-terrain vehicle users, public land managing agencies and OHV dealers. Members must be an active OHV user, an advocate of the sport and have a passion for OHVs.


  • For more information or to apply, contact Chris Haller at be email or 801-349-0487.

Related posts

Email: [email protected]

Twitter: @STGnews

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

1 Comment

  • Red Rocker October 30, 2014 at 9:06 am

    There are OHV laws in Utah? From the looks of the land I just thought you could ride anywhere you and your rig were capable.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.