ST. GEORGE – Firefighters doused a blaze that torched an Audi passenger car near River Road Saturday night.
The St. George Communications Center received a report of a vehicle fire on 200 South, behind the Winger’s restaurant, at about 8:15 p.m. Initial reports said sparking and smoke was coming from a gray car on the side of the road, St. George Fire Capt. Robert Hooper said.
“Upon (our) arrival there was smoke and flames coming from the engine compartment of the vehicle,” Hooper said. “We extinguished it and the owner stated nothing funny was happening prior to the fire – it just happened.”
The vehicle is likely a complete loss, Hooper said.
The section of 200 South behind Wingers was blocked off by St. George Police while responders put out the fire.
This report is based on preliminary information provided by law enforcement or other emergency responders and may not contain the full scope of findings.
Click on photo to enlarge it, then use your left-right arrow keys to cycle through the gallery.
- 2-year-old boy run over by truck, airlifted to hospital
- 2 River Road accidents in 20 minutes result from failure to yield
- Teen life flighted after T-bone accident
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.