ST. GEORGE – Whether you are a runner or not, the St. George Marathon “Move it!” events offer something for everyone to participate in. These include the “I Am Able” and “Kids Race” with an associated after-race dance party; and the “Mayor’s Walk.”
I Am Able – 200 meters and 1 mile – Special Needs –
Friday, Oct. 3, 6 p.m. at Vernon Worthen Park, at 300 South, 400 East, St. George
Open to persons with disabilities of all ages. Each participant must be able to run, walk, roll, or be pushed the length of the event they sign up for. Each participant is required to have one person without disabilities to accompany them from the start of their event to the finish line. They will be allowed to sign up additional supporters, up to three people, for an additional $10 per person. Runners will finish at the actual St. George Marathon Finish Line AND receive a T-shirt and finisher’s medallion! Special parking for “I Am Able” participants will be at the St. George Recreation Center, 285 South 400 East, St. George.
See photo gallery from 2013 “I Am Able” here: Special competitors cross finish line first: I am ABLE: Run, Rock, n’ Roll; STGnews Photo Gallery
Kids Race – 200 meters and 1 mile – Kids Only –
Friday, Oct. 3, 6:30 p.m. at Vernon Worthen Park, at 300 South, 400 East, St. George
Give your children a chance to participate in this marathon weekend event. Bring your children and friends to come run one of two distances. 1 mile or 200 meters. Runners will finish at the actual St. George Marathon Finish Line AND receive a T-shirt and finisher’s medallion! This is a “parent free” event! If your child is under 5 years old and you would like them to run with someone, we will have “Move It” mentors there for you to buddy your child with. Parking for this event is on the north end of the park by the Sunbowl.
Friday, Oct. 3, about 7 p.m. Vernon Worthen Park, at 300 South, 400 East, St. George
Make sure and stay after the races for our “Move It!” Dance Party! Have some yummy treats, take a photo with Waddles the Penguin, play games, earn prizes, and dance the night away!
Mayor’s Walk – 2.1 miles – Family Friendly –
Saturday Oct. 4, 7 a.m.
Be one of 1,200 participants and participate in the exciting St. George Marathon experience as we walk to the St. George Marathon finish line with City of St. George Mayor Jon Pike, family, and friends!
- Kids Run – $10/person
- Mayor’s Walk – $10/person
- I Am Able event – $10/team of two
Registration and information
- Information: Telephone 435-627-4560 | stgeorgemarathon.com website
- Registration options
- online here
- Register at St. George Leisure Services office, 220 North 200 East, St. George
- Register day of at the St. George Marathon Expo – NordicTrack health and fitness Expo at the Dixie Center St. George, 1835 Convention Center Drive, St. George, until noon only.
- Register day of at the St. George Recreation Center, 285 South 400 East, St. George, until noon only.
- Marathon ‘MOVE IT!’ events
- ‘Move It!’ program teaches active lifestyle to youth
- ‘Move It!’ mentors sought; free marathon entry
- Races left for St. George Marathon Runner Series qualification; registration deadlines
- STGnews RUNdown: Every race in one place, Southern Utah upcoming events
- Registration opens for St. George running, cycling races; new Road Rage Duathlon
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, StGeorgeUtah.com Inc., 2014, all rights reserved.