IVINS – On Thursday at 10 a.m. the public is invited to join the veterans of the Southern Utah Veterans Home as they host a remembrance program in honor of our fallen heroes.
The program, “Remembering Our Heroes: A Celebration of Patriots,” will honor the heroes of Sept. 11, 2001, as well as pay tribute to fallen heroes, Lee “The Flagman” Warren and Dr. Joseph Warren, one of our nation’s greatest forgotten heroes from Bunker Hill.
Dr. Samual Forman, author, veteran and adjunct professor at Harvard is the leading biographer of Joseph Warren and will be the keynote speaker at the event.
Admission to this special event is free but seating is limited. Tickets can be picked up at the Southern Utah Veterans Home, 160 North 200 East, Ivins, through Tuesday.
About the Southern Utah Veterans Home
The Southern Utah Veterans Home was dedicated nearly a year ago and is owned by the Department of Veteran and Military Affairs and operated by Avalon Health Care. This month the home will open a short-term acute rehab community which will accommodate 12 residents who need post-surgical care from joint replacements, strokes, pneumonia and other medical problems.
The Southern Utah Veterans Home accepts veterans and spouses of veterans.
- When: Thursday, September 11, 10 a.m.
- Where: Southern Utah Veterans Home, 160 North 200 East, Ivins
- Cost: Free, space is limited, tickets are available through Tuesday at the Veterans Home
- Contact: 435-634-5220
- Monument honoring Lee ‘The Flagman’ Warren unveiled, dedicated
- US Navy Blue Angels give private audience to So. Utah veterans, a mutual gratitude
- Ride on freedom’s wings; Freedom Ride 2014
- Washington County Veterans Court, now in session
- Southern Utah Veterans Home dedicated with full honors; STGnews Videocast and Photo Gallery
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.