ENTERPRISE – The 24th annual Enterprise Cornfest returns to Enterprise Saturday with events for the entire family.
Southern Utahns are invited to take the scenic drive to Enterprise, located off Highway 18 about 45 minutes-drive north of St. George and 45 minutes-drive west of Cedar City, and enjoy the fruits of the farm and the hospitality of Enterprise. In addition to plentiful and fresh corn on the cob there will be a car show, live entertainment, a Dutch oven dinner, booths, tournaments, a fun run, a community dance, contests and even a fashion show.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Enterprise Elementary School and Enterprise Parks and Recreation, according to information from the Enterprise Cornfest website.
The Cornfest schedule of events is as follows:
- 7 a.m. – 5K/1K Fun Run and 5K Walk: Starts at Enterprise High School, 565 S. 200 East. Entry is $15 for the 5K run, $10 for 1K run and 5K walk. Registration information and other details available here.
- 8:30 a.m. – Mayors Walk: Begins at Enterprise LDS Stake Center, 80 S. Center St. Walk along as the mayor of Enterprise speaks about his town.
- 10 a.m.-4 p.m. – Car show and carnival: Takes place at Enterprise Elementary School, 200 S. 100 East. Cars on display, inflatables, train rides, dunk tank, entertainment, door prizes, fashion show presented by Jolley’s Ranchwear. Corn eating contest for 12 and younger at noon. Corn eating contest for 13 and older at 2 p.m.
- 5-7 p.m. – Dutch oven dinner: Tickets $7 per plate, available at Cornfest information booth.
- 7-11 p.m. – Community dance: Line dancing and fun under the stars.
- When: Saturday, Aug. 23 | 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Where: Various locations in Enterprise, Utah
- Admission: Free; some events ticketed or require prior registration
- Information: Enterprise Cornfest website and Facebook page
- Man ejected from van, 2 transported after collision in Enterprise
- Family event, treasured traditions at Enterprise Rodeo; STGnews Videocast
- New fire reported near Enterprise Reservoir
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.