BRYCE CANYON — Historic Ruby’s Inn in Bryce Canyon City hosts a day of outdoor adventure, food, prizes and unmatched scenery Saturday at the 30th annual Bryce Canyon Rim Run and Walk.
Overlooking the famous red rock spires of Utah’s Bryce Canyon National Park and traveling through forests of ponderosa pine, the 5-mile run/walk is one of the West’s most picturesque races.
“The Rim Run is a great way for families to reconnect with the outdoors and say one last goodbye to summer,” Jean Seiler, director of marketing at Ruby’s Inn, said. “The gently rolling course is perfect for runners of all ages and skill levels.”
The race kicks off at 9 a.m. The registration fee is $25 and includes a Rim Run T-shirt, refreshments, lunch and awards. Proceeds benefit the local Boy Scouts of America troop.
After the race, runners and their families are invited to refuel with a Western lunch catered by the Ruby’s Inn Cowboy’s Buffet and Steak Room.
During the afternoon, racers can linger in the canyon and explore the legendary hoodoos that give Bryce Canyon its signature look. The setting sun provides spectacular vistas from many of the park’s overlooks.
“Late August is one of the best times for families to visit Bryce Canyon,” Lance Syrett, Ruby’s Inn general manager, said. “You avoid the crowds while still enjoying the long summer days with plenty of time to pack in the sightseeing.”
Those desiring to participate in the Rim Run can register online, and registration can also be completed at Ruby’s Inn the evening before and the morning of the race. Registration information is available online or by calling 866-866-6616, ext. 7239.
- What: 30th Annual Bryce Canyon Rim Run and Walk
- When: Saturday, Aug. 23 at 9 a.m.
- Where: 26 S. Main, Bryce Canyon City, Utah
- Pre-register online or Register at Ruby’s Inn on Aug. 22 or 23, before the race
- Contact: 435-834-8023 or 866-866-6616, ext. 7239 | email
- STGnews RUNdown: Every race in one place, Southern Utah upcoming events
- Treasures of Utah Symphony resound from Bryce Canyon Rim; STGnews Photo Gallery
- Sochi’s too far, Bryce Canyon isn’t, Winter Festival is on
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.