ST. GEORGE—The American Red Cross continues to have an urgent need for blood donors of all blood types to give before the Labor Day holiday, even after many more donors stepped up to give following an urgent call issued in late July. Donors with types O-negative, B-negative and A-negative blood are especially needed.
Blood donations often decline during the summer months, particularly around summer holidays. With school starting back up and summer activities coming to an end, there is still time for eligible donors to make a difference in the lives of patients this summer.
To encourage donations over the Labor Day holiday weekend, all donors who come out to donate blood Aug. 30 through Sept. 1, will receive a Red Cross mason jar tumbler, while supplies last.
To learn more and make an appointment to donate blood, visit the Red Cross website or call 1-800-RED CROSS.
- Aug. 21, 2-7 p.m.: Beaver Third, Fourth and Fifth Ward Chapel, 220 North Main
- Aug. 25, 2-6 p.m.: Milford Valley EMS, 850 North Main
- Sept. 9, 2-7 p.m.: Milford Stake Center, 748 West 600 South
- Sept. 8, 2-6:30 p.m.: Christ the King Catholic Church, 690 South Cove Drive
- Sept. 10, 2-7 p.m.: Cedar City North Stake, 95 North 2125 West
- Sept. 11, 2-7:30 p.m.: Cedar City Utah Cross Hollow Stake, 2830 W. Cody Drive
- Sept. 4, 2:30-7:30 p.m.: Old Ivins Chapel, 40 West Center
- Sept. 17, 1:30-7 p.m.: La Verkin Utah Stake Center, 481 N. Main St.
- Aug. 24, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.: Utah National Guard – St. George, 1710 E. Commerce Dr.
- Aug. 27, 2-6 p.m.: Dixie Regional Medical Center, 1380 East Medical Center Drive
- Aug. 28, 12-5 p.m.: Smith’s – St. George, 20 N. Bluff
- Aug. 29, 9 a.m.-2:30 p.m.: Dixie State University, Rural Health Scholars, 225 S 700 E
- Sept. 5, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.: St. George City Offices, 175 East 200 North
- Sept. 12, 10 a.m.-3 p.m.: Dixie Regional Medical Center 400 E. Campus, 544 South 400 East
- Aug. 25, 1-6 p.m.: Paul Mitchell The School, 568 West Telegraph St., Ste. 4
- Aug. 28, 2-7 p.m.: Main Street Chapel, 82 North Main Street
- Sept. 16, 2-7 p.m.: Washington Fields Stake, 1835 S. Washington Fields Rd.
How to donate blood
Call 1-800-RED CROSS or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information. All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients.
A blood donor card or driver’s license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in. Individuals who are 17 years of age, weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health are eligible to donate blood. High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger must meet certain height and weight requirements.
- Online: American Red Cross website | Twitter: @RedCross
- St. George branch of the Red Cross: 476 E. Riverside Drive | Telephone 435-674-4440
- Summer blood shortage; Red Cross calls for donations
- Red Cross needs additional blood donors throughout summer
- Locals reproach Red Cross for ‘gay ban’ on blood donations; other criteria, scientific debate
- Giving blood is always in season; American Red Cross, Nexcare partner to save lives
Email: [email protected]