IVINS – Saturday, the Kayenta Arts Foundation will present a special concert, one night only, with folk artist Robyn Landis. The concert will take place at 8 p.m. in the Kayenta Outdoor Theatre in Ivins.
Since the 2005 release of her first CD, “Love and Other Words” – made in association with the duo Short and Sweet – Landis has amassed more than 55 songwriting awards and honors and has established herself as one of America’s highly respected folk artists.
As a traditional folk songwriter, Landis’ original lyrics tell stories that tackle subjects ranging from war and weather to love and betrayal, adoption, dementia, saving the environment and even old sitcoms – all sung in folk-Americana melodies.
In 2006, Landis won the prestigious Woody Guthrie Folk Festival Songwriting Contest, held annually in Guthrie’s hometown of Okemah, Oklahoma. In 2009, Landis was chosen as a Falcon Ridge Folk Festival “Emerging Artists Showcase Selected Artist,”and she also won the grand prize in the folk category of the 2009 John Lennon Songwriting Contest. More recently, she was the winner of the 2012 Wildflower! Festival Performing Songwriter contest in Richardson, Texas.
Landis’ second CD, “Many Moons,” released in 2009, featured 12 new songs. “Many Moons” became a disc jockey favorite and was one of the most-played records on folk radio in 2009, reaching No. 16 on the folk charts.
Tickets for Landis’ concert are $20 and can be purchased online or by calling 435-652-8318.
- When: Saturday, Aug. 23 | 8 p.m.
- Where: Kayenta Outdoor Theatre, 875 Coyote Gulch Court in Ivins
- Tickets: $20 | Purchase tickets online or by calling 435-652-8318
- Robyn Landis website
- ‘Peter Pan: A New Musical’ spreads magic in Southern Utah
- On the EDge: Woodstock was more than just a groovy concert
- Tuacahn performers donate time, talents to raise funds for animal shelter
- St. George Musical Theater preps for upcoming season; preseason tickets on sale, volunteers wanted
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.