MOAB — The Bureau of Land Management-Utah Moab Field Office is seeking public comment on an environmental assessment analyzing potential impacts associated with a proposed natural gas gathering line system and modified right-of-way for the Dead Horse Lateral Pipeline.
The proposed gathering line system would reduce flaring and air quality impacts by delivering gas from the Big Flat area to the Dead Horse Lateral Pipeline. The gathering line system would also serve up to 19 current and future well pads in and near the Cane Creek oil and gas unit near State Highway 313 in Grand County. Additional information can be found in the environmental assessment, which is available on the Environmental Notification Bulletin Board for the project “Gathering Line.”
Written comments will be accepted by letter or email until Aug. 27. Please note that the most useful comments are those that contain new technical or scientific information relevant to the proposed action. Comments should be as specific as possible. Comments which contain only opinions or preferences will not receive a formal response but may be considered in the BLM decision-making process. Please reference “Gathering Line” when submitting comments.
Written comments may be mailed or emailed using the following:
Moab Field Office
Attn: Gathering Line
82 East Dogwood
Moab, Utah 84532
Before including an address, phone number, email address, or other personal identifying information in any comments, be aware that the entire comment—including personal identifying information—may be made publicly available at any time. Requests to withhold personal identifying information from public review can be submitted, but the BLM cannot guarantee that it will be able to do so.
- For additional information, please contact Rebecca Doolittle at 435-259-2100.
- Persons who use a telecommunications device for the deaf (TDD) may call the Federal Information Relay Service (FIRS) at 1-800-877-8339 to leave a message or question with the above individual.
- BLM Moab website
- BLM Twitter @BLMUtah
- BLM seeks comment for on environmental assessment for oil, gas lease sale
- BLM releases final report on national monument oil spill
- BLM quarterly oil, gas lease sale results
- BLM posts proposed parcel list for August gas, oil lease sale
Email: [email protected]