SALT LAKE CITY — The Missing in America Project will conduct its third mission in Utah by honoring 11 veterans whose remains have been in the care of four mortuaries, yet remained unclaimed.
Services will be conducted with full military honors for the following eleven veterans at 9 a.m. on Aug. 16, in the Utah Veterans Memorial Park Chapel, 17111 S. Camp Williams Road in Riverton, Utah.
- Edward Gale (1927-2010) served in the US Marine Corps, PFC, 1945-1947; WWII
- Russel Godfrey (1944-2006) served in the US Army, SP4, 1964-1967; Vietnam and in the US Navy, SN, 1968-1970; Vietnam
- Cecil Larry Hoyer (1942-2012) served in the US Navy, SR, 1960; Peace Time
- David L. Lamb (1929-2007) served in the US Navy, S2C, 1946; WWII
Deseret Memorial Mortuary
- Daniel Thomas Cosgrove (1947-2013) served in the US Air Force, SSGT, 1966-1970; Vietnam
Redwood Memorial Mortuary
- Jack Kline Larsen (1951-2010) served in the US Navy, CA, 1970-1974; Peace Time
- Forrest (Tree) Carl Aubrey, (1962-2013) served in the US Army, PFC, 1981-1983; Peace Time
- David Lee Hockett (1945-2013) served in the US Army, PVT, 1969-1971; Vietnam
- Ronald Joseph Littleton (1940-2013) served in the US Army, PV2, 1958-1961; Peace Time
- Robert John Place (1934-2013) served in the US Army, PVT-2, 1951-1954; Korea
- Norman Floyd Shipley (1947-2013) served in the US Navy, SR, 1964-1968; Vietnam
The purpose of the Missing in America Project is to locate, identify and inter the unclaimed cremated remains of veterans through the joint efforts of private, state and federal organizations; to provide honor and respect to those who have served this country, by securing a final resting place for these forgotten heroes. MIAP is a non-profit, 100 percent volunteer organization. For more information, visit the MIAP website.
To that end, the Project was able to locate, identify and verify an additional 13 veterans at a fifth local mortuary. However, we were not able to recover their cremated remains for burial at the Utah Veterans Memorial Park. On Aug. 16, we will give them their long overdue honors.
- David Reubin Beveridge (1937-2000) served in the US Navy, SR, 1954-1955; Korea
- Adrien Robert Boileau (1938-2003) served in the US Army, PV2, 1956-1958; Peace Time
- Paul S. Bronson, Jr. (1923-1996) served in the US Army, SSGT, 1942-1945 and 1946-1948; WWII, Air Medal
- Danny Rae Brownlee, (1940-2002) served in the US Navy, SN, 1958-1961; Peace Time
- Eugene C. Christensen (1920-2000) served in the US Army T SGT, 1939-1945; WWII
- David Earl Conley (1942-2001) served in the US Army, SP4, 1964-1966; Vietnam
- Louis William Dettling (1925-1999) served in the US Navy, S1C, 1944-1945; WWII
- Jack Morris Hancock (1925-1976) served in the US Navy, MOMM3C, 1943-1945; WWII
- Joseph William Hedgbeth (1927-1997) served in the US Army, PVT, 1946-1949; WWII
- Ronald Jerome Lason (1938-2009) served in the US Navy, AN, 1957-1959; Peace Time
- Melvin Moore (1938-2002) served in the US Navy, SN, 1960-1962; Peace Time
- Robert Muir (1918-2000) served in the US Army, SFC (Ret.), 1939-1960; WWII and Korea
- Larry Eugene Peterson (1939-2001) served in the US Air Force, A2C, 1957-1960; Peace Time
Hearses carrying the urns will be escorted by members of the Missing in America Project on motorcycles, with large American flags flying, followed by other participating veterans focused motorcycle organizations, cars and other vehicles.
- Interment | Utah Veterans Memorial Park Chapel
- 17111 So. Camp Williams Road, Riverton, 84065
- 9 a.m.
- Government officials, the public and media are invited to attend.
- Veterans Court may offer vets a second chance to heal
- Memorial service honors those who have fallen
- Memorial Day fundraiser helps pay child’s medical expenses
- From ally to US patriot, WWII French Freedom Fighter remembers; STGnews Videocast
Email: [email protected]