HURRICANE – From July 17-26 the Southern Utah Center for the ARTS is presenting Alice in Wonderland at the Hurricane Art Center in Hurricane City.
“The talent in this performance is such that it is one of the rare shows where I have been able to give young performers key roles on the production team,” Director Pam Lockwood said. The production stars 11 year-old Takoma Dennett as Alice, Millie Scholzen as the White Rabbit, and Tristain Tisdale as the Mad Hatter.
Tisdale is incredibly talented and trustworthy, Lockwood said; in addition to his role as the Mad Hatter, he is also the student director, and plays the Walrus. Rebecca Peck, who plays the Red Queen, is dance captain.
This production opens the SUCA Youth Theatre program. Other after-school programs will include the award-winning performing group, Sound Machine, and Utah’s top teen vocal jazz group Vocal-Ease.
- When: July 17-26 (except on Sundays); 7 p.m. with 2 p.m.Saturday matinées
- Where: Hurricane Art Center 92 S. 100 W. Hurricane
- Admission: $6 children, $7 students and seniors, $9 adults, $35 family pass (immediate family only), $6 “early bird” tickets
- Website: Alice in Wonderland
- Tuacahn Summer Arts Institute announces free concert series
- Otter Creek set to perform at Concert in the Park Series
- Cane Beds explosion victims still hospitalized; benefit concert planned
Email: [email protected]