ST. GEORGE – Firefighters were dispatched to a structure fire at 244 North Donlee Drive Wednesday evening. Residents inside the three-story home called 911 when it began to fill with smoke.
“They didn’t try to fight the fire,” St. George Fire Chief Robert Stoker said. “They just got out like they should.”
The fire was isolated to the outside of an upper-level deck, Stoker said. The fire burned into the wall, but firefighters were able to get to it before it could travel into the ceiling. The fire damaged the wooden deck and the wall, but only on the outside.
Once the firefighters made sure all hotspots were put out and carbon monoxide levels inside the home were confirmed safe, the residents will be allowed back inside the home, Stoker said.
“No injuries, no real damage to the inside of the home, so (the residents) will be able to stay here tonight,” he said.
- Citizen response helps keep fire from turning into something worse
- House fire on Lava Point Drive damages home, no injuries
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.