MOHAVE COUNTY, Ariz. – The Mohave County Sheriff’s Office has released the names of the burn victims involved in a mobile home explosion and fire that occurred in Cane Beds. Ariz, Saturday morning.
A mobile home at 2600 South 1800 East in Cane Beds, Ariz., exploded Saturday, around 8 a.m. Utah time, due to a leaking valve attached to a propane gas line, the Mohave County Sheriff’s Office said in a press release. What ignited the explosion is still under investigation.
Four individuals were in the mobile home when it exploded and caught fire. They have been identified as Lyman Ray Hammon, 21, Samantha Lebaron, 19, their 8-month-old daughter Emory Hammon-Lebaron, and Desiree Lebaron, 15, of Hildale.
The Colorado City Fire District and Mohave County Sheriff’s Office responded to the fire and found the four burn victims on the front lawn when they arrived on the scene.
Each burn victim was ultimately taken by medical helicopter to hospitals with burn centers for treatment. Hammon, Desiree Lebaron, and the 8-month-old Emory were taken to hospitals in Salt Lake City, while Samanth Lebaron was taken to Las Vegas.
The Sheriff’s Office has not been updated on the victims’ conditions. First Mercy Air, out of Mesquite, Nev. and Life Flight, out of St. George, assisted in transporting the victims.
- Propane explosion triggers structure fire in Cane Beds, burn victims hospitalized
- Woman sleeping when mobile home caught fire
- Early morning fire torches mobile home
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.