MESQUITE, Nev. – Take a trip off the pavement and gear up for the Mesquite Off-Road Weekend Feb. 21-23 at the Eureka Casino Resort in Mesquite, Nev. Back for its second year in a row, last year, the festival drew nearly 5,000 fans.
The 3-day off-road event features Enduro Challenge Races, mud bogs, an Adventure Park with a zip line and paintball, a poker tournament, a Powersports Plaza filled with vendors, food, drink and entertainment, unguided trail rides, and a performance by “Cowboy” Kenny’s Steel Rodeo.
“Cowboy” Kenny’s Steel Rodeo
The Steel Rodeo provides nonstop, action packed freestyle motocross lead by “Cowboy” Kenny Bartram and his team of champion freestyle riders.
Bartram, a dominant force in the sport, winning an unprecedented 13 IFMA events in a row and 26 Main Event wins in a single season, holds the title of Beyond Pro champion and will be back to defend his title.
Bartram has also accumulated 7 World Championships, Dew Tour Champion and 10 medals from X Games and Gravity Games, including 4 Gold and many more titles and championships along the way.
Enduro Challenge Races
The races take place on a tabletop red mesa next to the Eureka Casino Resort that will be transformed into a one-of-a-kind track. The track features enduro-type obstacles including boulders, rock fields, poles, sand, jumps, water, and a motocross section and miles of open desert.
The Enduro Challenge Races include classes for bikes, all-terrain vehicles, utility task vehicles, and side-by-side competitors. The Mud Bogs will feature a $5,000 purse and several classes for every level.
A highlight of the weekend will be the Beyond Pro race which will feature every class of vehicle on the course at one time – a mix of motocross, desert racing, endurocross and freestyle – a spectacle unlike any other in off-road racing.
Seating is festival style so fans are encouraged to bring chairs and enjoy the track and racing.
- Friday: Practice racing, 2-5:30 p.m. | Racer meet and greet and Steel Rodeo exhibition, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday: Racing, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. | Beyond Pro race and Steel Rodeo exhibition, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Sunday: Mini MX, 10 a.m. to noon | Mud Bogs, noon to 4 p.m.
- Everyday: Adventure Park and PowerSports Plaza open for fans
For the complete event schedule click here.
Event details and contact information
- What: Mesquite Off-Road Weekend featuring Cowboy Kenny Bartram’s Steel Rodeo
- When: Friday-Sunday, Feb. 21-23
- Where: Eureka Casino Resort, 275 S. Mesa Blvd., Mesquite – Track and event is adjacent to Eureka Resort
- Cost: General Admission: Adults $30, kids $20 | VIP ticket: $59 | Ultimate ticket: $179
- Website: Mesquite Off-Road
- Contact: Telephone: 702-345-4749 | Email: [email protected]
- It’s going to be hectic, awesome: Mesquite Off-road Weekend, Nitro Circus, world-record jump attempt
- Biggest motorsports event to hit southern Utah is back
- Dixie Roundup opening: ‘Nitro’ Circus, bulls and bikes; STGNews Videocast, Photo Gallery
- Monster X Tour tears it up at Washington County Fairgrounds; STGnews Videocast, Photo Gallery
- Ryan Piplic sets new world record at Fall Fuel Fest
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.