WASHINGTON, D.C. – U.S. Sen. Orrin Hatch, ranking member of the Senate Finance Committee, today issued the following statement after the Congressional Budget Office’s, CBO, Budget and Economic Outlook found that the President’s health care law would eliminate 2.3 million American jobs in 2021 – 1.5 million more than the previous estimate of 800,000 jobs lost.
Today CBO delivered terrible news to the millions of Americans looking for work. Obamacare, the President’s signature domestic policy achievement, will lead to more than 2 million fewer jobs and hurt much-needed economic growth. A direct threat to the long-term health and prosperity of our nation, this law must be repealed. Its impact and consequences are too great. It’s time this Administration start working with Congress to advance initiatives that will actually spur job growth in our nation. We can start by implementing shovel-ready projects like the Keystone XL Pipeline and enacting job-creating Trade Promotion Authority legislation.
Submitted by the Office of Sen. Orrin Hatch
- Patient CARE Act proposes to replace Obamacare, no mandates
- Hatch: Report confirms ObamaCare has not played a role in reducing health care costs
- Hatch: Union exemption from Obamacare tax is payback; senators introduce Union Tax Fairness Act
- Hatch co-sponsors legislation to delay Obamacare mandate
- Senators seek contractors detailed role in work on ObamaCare Exchange website
- Hatch on Obama’s remarks re healthcare.gov website glitches
- Perspectives: Shutdown; to make our lives difficult as they can
- ‘The Life of Julia’ under Obamacare, will she: pay more, have information privacy, access to quality care?
- Launch of nation’s Health Insurance Marketplace just around the corner; where to get help in Southern Utah
- What the HAYnes? Obama, keep the change
Email: [email protected]