ST. GEORGE – It’s time again for the annual St. George Mozart Festival, to be held at the St. George Tabernacle on Jan. 25, and at the Trinity Lutheran Church on Jan. 26. The public is invited to attend each of the varied performances free of charge.
The keystone performance of the Mozart Festival will be held Jan. 25 at 7 p.m. at the St. George Tabernacle and will feature selected solo, ensemble, and organ music of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Additional public presentations are scheduled for noon on Jan. 25 at the Tabernacle, and at 7 p.m. on Jan. 26 at the St. George Trinity Lutheran Church, with varied performers.
Representative Mozart music for the organ will be performed by accomplished organist Geoffrey Myers, along with solo and ensemble chamber selections by members and friends of the Southwest Symphony Strings.
Sponsored by the Southwest Symphony Strings and organist Geoffrey Myers, the festival annually invites community participation on a wide variety of instruments to celebrate the music and genius of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.
About Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, a true child prodigy, was a prolific Austrian composer who created hundreds of operas, concertos, symphonies, and sonatas which profoundly shaped the worldwide development of classical and everyday music. Born Jan. 27, 1756, Mozart performed publicly at age 6 throughout Europe. His brilliant career was tragically cut short in death at age 35, leaving a legacy rarely if ever equaled in the history of western civilization.
Performers invited to apply
Music students as well as seasoned performers are invited to perform a work of Mozart at the festival. To schedule a performance, contact Dr. Norman Fawson by telephone at 435-632-0484 or by email: [email protected].
Event details and contact information
- Performance dates:
- Saturday, Jan. 25, at noon and 7 p.m., at the St. George Tabernacle, 18 S. Main St., St. George
- Sunday, Jan. 26, at 7 p.m., at the Trinity Lutheran Church, 2260 E. Red Cliffs Dr., St. George
- Contact: Dr. Norman Fawson | Telephone: 435-632-0484 | Email: [email protected]
- Dixie State Choral Ensemble, Symphony Orchestra to open 2013-14 concert season
- Guardians of the musical arts, Southwest Symphony Orchestra, Chorale
- Hurricane Valley Theatrical Company opens auditions for ‘Beauty and the Beast’
- On the EDge: It’s still only rock ‘n’ roll, but I ‘still’ like it
- Orchestra of Southern Utah performance season kicks off; auditions for young soloists, composers
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2014, all rights reserved.