SOUTHERN UTAH – The Christmas holiday season has come to a close and with December almost over, it’s time to start making New Year’s Eve plans. Add a little sparkle to your night as you celebrate the end of one year and toast to the joy of the beginning of a new year with our guide to New Year’s Eve events and activities in Southern Utah.
- New Year’s Eve Family Fest 2014 – Washington | Dec. 31 | 5 p.m. to midnight | Washington City Community Center | Bring in the New Year at a bubble party and fireworks show. This family festival will have a cash and balloon drop, live music, and mountains of bubbles to play in. Other activities include swimming, a “dive-in movie,” free family photos, bubble foam launches, character visits, face painting, balloon tying, bounce houses, giant water slide, water walkers, vendor booths, and more. Celebrate with families from all over Washington County and join in watching the New York Ball Drop. Purchase tickets online or telephone 435-656-6360.
- New Year’s Eve dinner at Riverwalk Grill – St. George | Dec.31 | 3:30-5:30 p.m. | Enjoy your New Year’s Eve Dinner at the Riverwalk Grill. Chef Imi has created a full menu for this special occasion, including a starter, entrée and dessert for $25 a person. Seating will be from 3:30-5:30 p.m. and reservations are highly recommended. The New Year’s Eve menu will include the following: Starters: Shrimp cocktail or antipasti Tuscany, Girard champagne salad; Entrées: Roasted pork loin or Alaskan salmon, roasted turkey breast with fresh cranberry sauce; Dessert: Bread pudding, apple strudel. Tax and Gratuity are not included. For reservations call 435-773-4111.
- New Year’s Eve Fireworks and Torchlight Parade – Brian Head | Dec. 31 | 5:30 p.m. | Telephone: 435-677-2035 | Enjoy a beautiful torchlight parade down Giant Steps followed by a fantastic fireworks display. The admission is free and the event is held at Giant Steps Lodge, Highway 143, in Brian Head.
- New Year’s Eve to party through the decades – St. George | Dec. 31 | 7-10:30 p.m. | Fish Rock Grille, 1585 Ledges Parkway | $65 per couple | Make plans this New Year’s Eve to party through the decades at Fish Rock Grille at The Ledges Golf Club. Dust off your platform shoes or pull on your leg warmers and come dressed in your favorite decade. Bring in the New Year with a live disc jockey, games, prizes, and awards for the “Best Dressed.” Admission is $65 per couple and includes appetizers, dinner, dessert, and entertainment. To purchase tickets telephone 435-634-4650 or visit Fish Rock Grille at The Ledges Golf Club.
- Green Valley Spa New Year’s Eve Dinner – St. George | Dec. 31 | 7:30 p.m. |Green Valley Spa | Telephone: 435-628-8060 | $60 per person | The New Year’s Eve menu will include the following: Passed hors d’oeuvres: Crispy shrimp cocktail, sweet chili pomodoro, filet satay, spicy cashew dipping sauce, cangrejo cakes, Spanish style crab cakes, cilantro lime creme fraiche, and roasted pablano aioli; Choice of soup or salad; Entrées: Ora king salmon with toasted coriander dusted ora king salmon, key lime crema truffled mac & cheese, Chardonnay glazed heirloom carrots; 7 spice New Yorker with Green Valley signature 7 spice rub, aged New York, roasted garlic whipped potato, Chardonnay glazed heirloom carrots; or Grilled portobella tower with fire roasted vegetables, San Marzano tomato coulis, aged balsamic reduction; Dessert: White chocolate Kahlua mousse tuxedo cups.
- New Year’s Eve Party – Brian Head | Dec. 31 | 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. | Cost: Adults $25, Children $10 | The event will include a family-friendly environment with live music and great food at the Last Chair Saloon. The menu will include: Insalata blu: Fresh bibb lettuce, red onions, roasted walnuts, crumbled blue cheese and house ranch dressing; Chianti steak: 12-ounce prime New York strip topped with Boursin cheese and glazed with Chianti balsamic glaze; midnight chocolate delight – layered chocolate cake filled with chocolate cream and chocolate mousse, served with chocolate Grenache and whipped cream. | For reservations telephone 866-930-1010.
A little something extra for the New Year
- Firewalk 2014 – Washington | Jan. 4 | 5:30 p.m. | Staheli Family Farm | Come walk on fire! Similar to a ropes course, it’s a motivational experience that will set your spirit on fire for the new year! The event lasts about 2 hours, and the cost is $10 per person to cover expenses for wood and the instructor.
Ed. note: Changes in scheduled events may arise without notice to St. George News; links and contact information are provided for your convenience in confirming details.
- Brian Head opens only Bagjump in Utah
- Ski Southern Utah, already? Revamped Brian Head Resort opens early
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.