HURRICANE — An accident at the intersection of State Street and Sand Hollow Road in Hurricane caused traffic delays on State Street Tuesday during the evening commute.
At around 4:45 p.m. a grey Toyota pickup truck, heading westbound on State Street, attempted to turn left onto Sand Hollow Road, Hurricane Police Sgt. Brandon Buell said, when it collided with a silver Audi oncoming from the opposite direction on State Street.
Although the vehicles were significantly damaged in the collision, no severe injuries were reported at the scene and nobody was transported to the hospital, Buell said.
Tow trucks were called to remove the vehicles from the intersection.
No citations have been issued yet, Buell said, as the cause of the accident is still being investigated. Road conditions at the intersection were clear at the time of the accident, he said, and police do not believe that snow or ice played a factor in the crash.
- Icy roads keep police busy
- Road, highway concerns after the storm, with or without plows
- Dixie cities not equipped for snow removal, icy roads impassable; avoid driving
- Ford Escape ricochets off curb, 4-vehicle accident ensues
- Tailgating truck triggers three-way accident, spills load of rock
- Failure to yield, left-hand turn results in accident on SR-9
Now available from STGnews
Email: [email protected]
Copyright St. George News, SaintGeorgeUtah.com LLC, 2013, all rights reserved.